Tuesday, January 31, 2012
- Museo Evita. A walk over her life, through elements that once belonged to her. 2988 Lafinur st. (Te. 4807-0306)
- Duarte Mausoleum in Recoleta area. Her embalmed body rests at the Recoleta Cementery. 1760 Junin st.
- Casa Rosada. From its balcony, Evita, already ailing, resigned the vicepresidency, in 1951. 50 Balcarce st.
- CGT seat. In 1955, her embalmed body was stolen from this building, by the military government. 802 Azopardo st.
- City Government. One of the halls bears her name, since this is where her foundation worked. 130 Peru st.
Buenos Aires Accommation: Apartments Buenos Aires , Hostels Buenos Aires
Sunday, January 29, 2012
The movie won the Oscar for Best Foreign Language Film at the 82nd Academy Awards, making Argentina the first country in Latin America to win it twice (having already won for The Official History in 1985).
"El Secreto de sus Ojos" (The Secret in their Eyes) is one of the most succesful films in the recent years. The film is based on the novel "La Pregunta de sus Ojos" by Eduardo Sacheri, who wrote the script together with the director Juan José Campanella.
Ricardo Darín plays the character of "Benjamín Espósito", an experienced court officer who is recently retired and decides to write a novel. So he finds inspiration in an unfinished case investigated in 1974, regarding the murder of a young woman. Soledad Villlamil and Guillermo Francella complete the cast of this film thats beats every audience records.
Buenos Aires Accommodation: Hoteles en Buenos Aires , Hostels Buenos Aires , Residencias Universitarias Buenos Aires