Must-sees at Mataderos:
- Mataderos Fair: Dance, fair and native cuisine. Every Sunday and holiday, starting at 11.
- Museo de los Corrales: Gaucho traditional lifestyle, represented by over 3000 pieces.
- Bar Oviedo: It still draws "payadores" (improvising folksingers) who gather at its tables and strum their guitars for visitors.
- Carrera de sortijas: This typical Creole horseback competition takes place during afternoons at the Mataderos Fair.
- El Cedrón: A typical neighbourhood pizzeria, which serves one of the best pizzas in the area. 6101 Juan B. Alberdi st.